No announcement yet.

gs650 smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the hoses are originals and clear, i shortened the main feed hose by 2 inches to stop the kinking issue and all seems fine now regarding flow, it still fluffs on pick but dosent die anymore through starvation, i think the fluffing when cracking the throttle is now purely down to carb sync'ing , thanks guys, appreciated....

Comment

Originally posted by janner View Post
      Right , more help and avice required !!!! i put a gallon of fuel in the tank and fitted it tonight, connected the vac and fuel lines and the bike starved itself of fuel and stopped, i then connetcted up my temp fuel supply in the roof of my workshop and gave it a direct feed with the vac line blocked off and it started up fine and ran with no issues, i tried the fuel tap in reserve/prome and on positions, could it be not enough fuel in tank(but i wouldnt think so) or fuel tap issue, i tried sucking on the vac line with the tank off and fuel flowed as it should, stumped here now and advice needed, please,,cheers guys , jon
      Right, re-fitted the tank, but its missing when you throttle it up, take the tank off and put the intrevenus drip feed on from the roof direct and it runs great!! i surely must have a petcock problem here? yet if i suck on the pipe it runs ok, could it be too rich causing the missing/rough pick up, but if so whynot do it when it connected to temp supply ?

cant help thinking ive got a starvation issue going on here
      All the hoses are originals and clear, i shortened the main feed hose by 2 inches to stop the kinking issue and all seems fine now regarding flow, it still fluffs on pick but dosent die anymore through starvation, i think the fluffing when cracking the throttle is now purely down to carb sync'ing , thanks guys, appreciated....

Also, how is your petcock? Original?\

I had mine setup perfectly, carbs were tuned, and it still wouldn't run well. Rebuilt my petcock and all is good in the world again.

Comment

cheers for all the replies , its running ok'ish ow but fluffy on pick up fro idle, i,m pretty sure a carb sync will sort it now , strangely though the cam float noise is gone, and all i done was take the tacho drive gear out and re install it !!!!

Comment

cheers for all the replies , its running ok'ish ow but fluffy on pick up fro idle, i,m pretty sure a carb sync will sort it now , strangely though the cam float noise is gone, and all i done was take the tacho drive gear out and re install it !!!!
          When mine was running terribly, the engine was rattling like a mofo. I thought for sure that I had some bad bearings or something else like that.

Got it running well and it doesn't make any noise, outside of the regular noises.

Comment

Working...
          X