just fuel screws.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just fuel screws.

hello started stripping carbs today started with 4 because it was leaking removed fuel screw and there was no spring,washer or o ring checked other three and same thing.Question is will that damage the thread in carb body they were a bit stiff to screw out but the screws look fine.Should I just order the springs and washers and refit the screws back in the same bodies cheers.

Hi Nahoo, the thread will be OK. Just get new "O" rings, washers and springs if you need them. Order of reassembly is spring on first, then washer and then "O" ring nearest the screw tip.

Get the "O" ring set (you will need other "O" rings apart from the ones for the mixture screws) from http://www.cycleorings.com/ .

Just spray the threads with a good dose of carb cleaner spray and work the mixture screw in and out untill the thread frees up and the screws screw in and out easily.

You might have trouble getting the washers and springs. The washers you can probably find at JAYCAR or Dick Smiths. If you can't get the springs as they are not listed in the fiches, I may be able to help you out with some used ones. If you need them let me know and I will forage around in my boxes of junk and see what I can find. I reckon they don't list those three parts ("O" ring, washer & spring) because they never intended people to remove the aluminium plug and remove these parts. Some OP has thrown those valuable springs away at some time.

Keep us updated on your progress.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

thanks for the reply suzuki don i do have the o rings from robert barr have sent request to suziparts will let you know what happens thanks for the offer cheers.

Comment

Just a thought but have poke about with a thin screwdriver; the washer / seal often gets stuck in the bottom of the hole and you think it's not there but it is. If you've already checked ignore my wittering rubbish.

You don't need to be too fussy with springs either. Their job is to stop the mixture screw winding in / unwinding on it's own. Anything similar will do the trick.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Robert barr sell the itty bitty waskers. I think he throws em in for .01 dollars.

Comment

I use a drywall screw to extract the little bits from the holes.

And, ... you do not have "fuel screws", you have "idle mixture adjustment screws".

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
              __________________________________________________ ______________________
              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I use a drywall screw to extract the little bits from the holes.

And, ... you do not have "fuel screws", you have "idle mixture adjustment screws".

I use toothpicks. hard to muck things up with a bit of hardwood.

Comment

the notes on the cv tear down pdf stated they arent air screws but fuel flow screws which is why I used that term instead of mixture screws.thanks robert will wait to hear from suziparts as I also need the springs cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X