carb help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb help

i need to know what goes on these four nipples thank you.

A rubber hose.
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. rayray,

Yes, those are overflow nipples. They get rubber hoses that drain to the ground. I'm assuming that you have some kind of '77-'79 Suzuki motorcycle with VM carbs. Feel free to put your bike year/model in your signature file and perhaps a general location in your profile. We like visiting each other and helping out when we can.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thanks alot i just needed to know what they did because im about to start it for the first time in 5 years I put the tank on and it leaked out a little and i figured they were overflow but needed to know.

Comment

and also i live in manchester nh I picked up this almost mint 79 gs850 for 65 bucks if i get it running id be glad to show it off !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rayray View Post
            and also i live in manchester nh I picked up this almost mint 79 gs850 for 65 bucks if i get it running id be glad to show it off !!!!
            A bike that hasnt run in five years might need a little attention.
            Anything and everything to aid you in getting it running *correctly* is in that post that Basscliff gave ya.
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
            .................________-|___\____
            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
            X