GS750 Carbs: gas "leak"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 Carbs: gas "leak"

Ok, so i have a 1977 GS750. This is my first bike, and not very familiar with many things.
    i currently have the air box off. i started it up, and noticed that fuel leaks out of the carbs when it's running, is this normal, or is it just leaking out because the air box isn't on?

Originally posted by Lens_cafe View Post
    Ok, so i have a 1977 GS750. This is my first bike, and not very familiar with many things.
    i currently have the air box off. i started it up, and noticed that fuel leaks out of the carbs when it's running, is this normal, or is it just leaking out because the air box isn't on?
    It means you need to take the carbs off, strip and clean them and check that all the o rings / float valves are ok (probably best to just replace if you're not sure).
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

ok make sure you read threw that mega welcome link cliff sent you.. it leads you to a lot of very useful info

Comment

I would second all mentioned above. However, after I dipped and rebuilt (orings) mine, the float needle was stuck and allowed carb 3 to overflow. Gas should not overflow, ever, think "fire".

Comment

Working...
        X