Confused about APE pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about APE pods

I've seen guys who have them on their 650's, but I just measured the OD of my carb intakes and they are 54mm. Ape pods don't make them that big according to that link...or do they? Is it really 54mm's? Or did I measure it wrong?

I need new pods BADLY. I had my bike idling and running perfectly, then today when leaving work, it'd hardly run at all. Come to find out, the chrome tops of my Uni's are coming off, making it run incredibly lean. I fixed it with super-glue, but it's time to get new ones.

I did not see any sizes listed other than engine displacement. The 750 and 850 carbs are the same size as your 650.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

are the 80 Gs1000 carbs the same as well?

Comment

Those sizes stated are on the intake side you will be ok just below those are velocity stacks with a 54mm id.If in doubt call or email them you should be ok.Yogi

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi 1 View Post
          Those sizes stated are on the intake side you will be ok just below those are velocity stacks with a 54mm id.If in doubt call or email them you should be ok.Yogi
          I did call them, they told me they didn't know what would fit a 650, lol.

Comment

Working...
          X