1977 GS750 Carb Tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 GS750 Carb Tubing

Hello, I have a 1977 GS750 question about the rubber tubing routing. I know the four lower tubes are drains but I'm not sure about the three upper tubes. Are they vents or vac's? Also where does the vac tube for the petcock attach. I'm changing the petcock to a non vac style and need to cap that vac port. I would appreciate any help on the subject. Thank you

#3 Carb would have been the Vac port for the petcock so you can cap that one off...the other 2 are vent lines that run into nothing..oem they would lay over the top of the airbox...they should be vented into some dead air space.
    Check basscliffs site for hose routing...using a non vac petcock isnt recomennded as its designed for safety...hope this helps

DDM

Comment

Originally posted by formline View Post
      Hello, I have a 1977 GS750 question about the rubber tubing routing. I know the four lower tubes are drains but I'm not sure about the three upper tubes. Are they vents or vac's? Also where does the vac tube for the petcock attach. I'm changing the petcock to a non vac style and need to cap that vac port. I would appreciate any help on the subject. Thank you
      The #3 carb is the vacuum for the petcock. The other two are vents and open ended. I changed the petcock on my 79 750 to a non vacuum Pingel petcock. It worked flawlessly. The only downside (if it is a downside) is that you have to remember to turn the fuel on when you start the bike and off when you shut the bike off.

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. formline,

I have a "Where Do These Hoses Go?" article on my little website, but it's for the BS series of CV carbs. About the only differences (as far as hoses) are the individual drain hoses on the VM carbs and the fact that the vacuum is taken from the #3 VM carb, unlike being taken from #2 on the CV carbs.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

NOW THAT'S A WELCOME BASSCLIFF!!!!!!!! Just makes me want to reintroduce myself again. I'm just waiting for the carb rebuild kits to arrive and I'll reconnnect the tubing. Thanks again to the members for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X