VM 30 Mikuni needle valve source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VM 30 Mikuni needle valve source

Anyone know where I can get needle valves for Mikuni VM 30 carbs?
    These were mounted on GS 1000 ST's in Europe and Australia I believe.
    Below's a picture of the needle valve side by side with a GS 1000 ET CV needle valve that could be used worst case by cutting the lower part off.
    The needle itself is almost identical to the needle found on a VM 26 carb.
    Both are on the picture below.
    I would hate to have to buy 4 kits for CV carbs and 4 kits for VM 26 carbs of course
    sigpicJohn Kat
    My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
    GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

I found a website recently where I just picked up some jets. I do recall seeing some on there too. They seem to have a very good selection of Mikuni carb parts and a very user friendly site. Here is the link. http://www.winnerscirclecanada.com/

Comment

You can call the guy from carbsnmore.com. He has just about everything
      Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Try the Sudco catalog #36. You be amazed what they sell and all genuine mikuni. I have #35 but downloading this one as we speak.

The Genuine part number is 13370-49120

If you look in my photobucket site i have the parts book in there for a ST
        Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

http://www.z1enterprises.com/SearchR...float%20needle

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
            Try the Sudco catalog #36. You be amazed what they sell and all genuine mikuni. I have #35 but downloading this one as we speak.

The Genuine part number is 13370-49120

If you look in my photobucket site i have the parts book in there for a ST
            I looked up all the references mentionned but each time I get the same PN as for the GS 1000 ET that came with CV carbs...
            The Sudco catalog mentions PN 007-957 for most Suzuki CV carbs of the period...
            It won't be easy to find!
            sigpicJohn Kat
            My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,

Comment

Why are you replacing them?

You could try cleaning them.

Stephen.
              1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
              1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
              Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
              GS twin wiki

Comment

Do you need just the needles or also the seats? Z-1 sells just the needles for both CV and VM style carbs. I bought some for my VM33's last week. They are not authentic Mikuni, but they seem to work just fine.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

This is a genuine Suzuki GS1000ST parts book...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Might have to rng suzuki. I can call them here in 26hrs for a price if you want. Public holiday atm

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                    Do you need just the needles or also the seats? Z-1 sells just the needles for both CV and VM style carbs. I bought some for my VM33's last week. They are not authentic Mikuni, but they seem to work just fine.
                    The Sudco #36 catalog has genuine ones that are suitable. (For the 29/33's)

Applications: VM29 & VM33 Smoothbore
                    Size Application Mikuni No. Order No.
                    (2.5) N122.032 002-503
                    (2.8) Std on VM29 & VM33 N122.032 002-504
                    Washer for Needle Valve Seat BS34/52-0.5 002-187
                    Filter for Needle Valve Seat VM18/233 002-606
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2011, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
                      This is a genuine Suzuki GS1000ST parts book...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Might have to rng suzuki. I can call them here in 26hrs for a price if you want. Public holiday atm
                      Many thanks Sharpy, I will call the largest Suzuki dealer in France on tuesday to see if they have these parts???
                      I will also check the Sudco catalog again with your references in mind.
                      sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
                        Many thanks Sharpy, I will call the largest Suzuki dealer in France on tuesday to see if they have these parts???
                        I will also check the Sudco catalog again with your references in mind.
                        Um those referances where for the 29/33 reguarding renobruce's responce about not having genuine ones. Sorry about the confusion. Ill still rng the suzi shop and get EXACTLY what you want and a price to give you a idea. (Hope ure sitting down)

Comment

Ok got a price and for one needle valve and seat for the VM GS1000st carbs are $73.90. Might have to look for a set of 33 smoothbores at that price lol.

Comment

Yes, it makes you wonder!
                            In Europe the cmsnl.com site has it going for 44.76 Euros without VAT.
                            Restoring old bikes can be an expensive hobby
                            sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

I finally ordered a pair (given the price) of needle valves for my GS 1000 ST.
                              They arrived today and SURPRISE...they are totally different from the ones I have in my carbs
                              The outside diameter is much larger!
                              I did some research and apparently the PN 13370-49120 is the same for the needle valve of the GSX 1000 SZ ( the Katana model sold in the UK).
                              The problem is that this bike came with VM 32 SS carbs vs VM 30 SS carbs on the GS 1000 ST...
                              Apparently Suzuki decided that the same PN could describe both needle valves?
                              Where to go from here?
                              sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Working...
                              X