Carb Lines 2 extra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Lines 2 extra?

When I removed the carb from my bike I noticed two extra ports that where unused. I'm wondering what they are for.

The look rather similar to the gas line in the very center, but are not quite the same. They are in between 1&2 and 3&4. You can clearly see the hoses in the second, 3rd, and 4th pictures on this pdf.

Where are the hoses going?

Originally posted by verboseone View Post
    When I removed the carb from my bike I noticed two extra ports that where unused. I'm wondering what they are for.

The look rather similar to the gas line in the very center, but are not quite the same. They are in between 1&2 and 3&4. You can clearly see the hoses in the second, 3rd, and 4th pictures on this pdf.

Where are the hoses going?
    Those are the vent ports. Check out bikecliffs website for more info on all the hoses: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...locations.html

Comment

I've been on his site all morning, and hadn't come across that yet. Thanks! Perfect answer.
      Well, actually, what is the purpose of the hose. Why not just let it breath right where it is?
      Last edited by Guest; 06-14-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

There are a couple of reasons I've heard for having hoses. One is to keep any overflows from leaking onto the top of the engine (biggest priority). Two, routing the hoses back helps get them out of wind to help minimise any possible problems with gusts (not as important, but still a good idea).

Comment

I'll pick up some hoses. Thanks!

Comment

you can run it perfectly normal without them, in fact when running pod filters they recommend you remove them
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
            X