pilot jet size comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pilot jet size comparison

any one know how to compare sizes of dynojet and mikuni pilot jet sizes? i need to know what a 160 dynojet is in mikuni for my gs1100ez thanks

I don't think they make PILOT jets in a 160.

BassCliff has a page on his site that gives the comparison, but a 160 Dynojet is the same as a 150 Mikuni MAIN jet.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Dynojet uses some proprietary numbering scheme to label their jets. They may very well make a 160 Dynojet pilot that corresponds with a 42.5 Mikuni pilot jet. Dynojet will not cross-reference them.

Comment

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=64769 heres the main jet comparison. As far as I knew Dynojet does not make pilot jets, just main jets but I could be wrong too

Comment

my bad i meant pilot AIR jet not pilot jet two totally different jets after spending 3 hours on here last night. so from what i gather and what people have told me pods = +2 jet sizes my free flowing exhaust = +2 jet sizes lack of much backpressure (modified muffler) = +2 jet sizes there is a jump of 6 jet sizes. on one of the references i got this was his math so add up the total jet sizes and - 1 from total so that's +5 jets (5*2.5) + 107.5(stock) = 120 main i think i will just go that extra one size and get the 22.5 main to start with then for the pilot jet he said to go up 1 size for every 4 of the main so if the book is right the stock pilot is a #45 so a 47.5 is where i am going to try. as for the pilot air jet that comes with the dynojet kit it is a 160 (so its 1.6mm in diameter) the stock air jet is 1.2mm in diameter. i guess they use this to help lean out the bottom end i will play around with this and hopefully i get it in top running shape ( i did get a o-ring set and will be cleaning my carbs when i do this ) thanks for all the great info took some time but well worth the look

Comment

Working...
          X