Source for a float valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for a float valve

I'm looking for a float valve for a 1981 gs650e. I found a rebuild kit at oldbikebarn.com that looks like is has the parts I need, but I'm wondering if there is a better source for just a float valve or a better quality float valve or kit I could buy. Thanks

i got mine from ebay

Comment

Welcome. Old Bike Barn is frequently found on the deadbeats list, and I would avoid ordering from them. Z1 Enterprises sells rebuild kits as well, but - for just the needle and seat you can't beat OEM quality: still available for about $30 per set. Most rebuild kits just don't have nearly the quality of the OEM parts.

Also, unless the spring is sacked the needles and seats are usually easily cleaned and re-used. Most of the members here only replace the o-rings and pilot jet plugs in the carbs. The o-rings can be gotten from cycleorings.com.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. The needle and seat are clean and look good, so I guess it's the o ring on the seat that's probably leaking. For an oem part do I have to order from a dealer or can I find that online? Also thanks for the quick replies this is a great site.

Comment

Working...
        X