No announcement yet.

85 gs5550l no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I did,and they didn't have anything in the way of mixture screws or carb rebuild kits for the 550l. Will a carb kit from sometjing else have ones that will work in them?

Comment

You don't need a carb rebuild kit. Go to that site, order the orings and conquer. Why would you need to buy new mixture screws? Unless they are actually busted off then just give it a good soaking.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by 85gs550l View Post
        Yep I did,and they didn't have anything in the way of mixture screws or carb rebuild kits for the 550l. Will a carb kit from sometjing else have ones that will work in them?
        Who are "they"? Z1Enterprises.com does not list all of their parts on their website. Give them a call and chances are they can get what you need. If not, there are other carb part vendors in the "mega-welcome" such as:

Sudco International - Carburetor parts, Classic & Late Model Replacement & Performance Parts, etc.
        http://www.sudco.com/ (http://www.sudco.com/oemcarbparts.html)
        Jets R Us -
        Carburetor parts, filters, gauges, etc.

I'd be surprised if you can't find what you need at the above resources. Keep us informed.

I know those siamese carbs can be a pain. They are not very common but I'm going to make it a point to collect some more useful information on them.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Alrighty, ill certainly give them a call. I appreciate the help. I will keep posted on what I find, and I look forward to any info you can get on these silly carbs. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            You don't need a carb rebuild kit. Go to that site, order the orings and conquer. Why would you need to buy new mixture screws? Unless they are actually busted off then just give it a good soaking.
            I need new ones because they were stuck in three tight and had to be drilled out. But I got the little buggers and now need replacements. I will be getting the oring and I'm excited to possibly have the bike running by the weekend.

Comment

alrighty. got the parts ordered and hope to be on the road soon. does anyone know how fast i can expect parts from z1enterprises or cycleorings?

Comment

See them by Sat or Monday I would think
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Well, I got all the parts today. Thanks goes out to the help at z1enterprises and cycleorings guys. Bummer is that the mixture screws I was recommend are not correct. So it will be another day before it lives.

Comment

Does anyone know off hand where I can get carbs kits for the gs550l siameas carbs? I need bowl baskets and mixture screws/springs/washes and I figure that's the best way to get all those things.

Comment

Just about nothing you mentioned is availbe from an OEM supplier or any other.
                      Best best is ebay. Bide your time and wait for opportunities.

Comment

Yes, so it would seem, wich sucks. Was just really hoping to have it going soon. my car will be out of commission soon due to repairs being done after an accident and i need alternate transportation.

Comment

I'm going to order a carb kit for a gs1000 because they look identical in picture firm and see what I see.

Comment

ok. got my mixture screws. same as 750, 850, 1000 from 80 and later. not im having charging issues. the voltage regualtor and wires going to it get very hot. would this be a bad ragulator or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by 85gs550l View Post
                              ok. got my mixture screws. same as 750, 850, 1000 from 80 and later. not im having charging issues. the voltage regualtor and wires going to it get very hot. would this be a bad ragulator or something else?

It is that or a deep dead battery combined with some really dirty connectors in the reg\rect to harness connectors.

It should be too hot to touch. It is a relative thing but heat will sink through the easiest point of conduction.

So yes the wires will get very warm.

How is it running now?

Did you do the tests on the stator and reg ect as noted in the manual?

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                                It is that or a deep dead battery combined with some really dirty connectors in the reg\rect to harness connectors.

It should be too hot to touch. It is a relative thing but heat will sink through the easiest point of conduction.

So yes the wires will get very warm.

How is it running now?

Did you do the tests on the stator and reg ect as noted in the manual?
                                The battery is brand new so I know its not that. I'll check the connections and I'm gonna do the stator tests in the next few days here. It was running well when I first started but tge battery died quickly and therefore it ran poorly then quit running as the battery died. So I will post up stator test results when I do them. It is normal for the r/r and wires to get rly warm though?

Comment

Working...
                                X