more carb issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more carb issues?

hey everyone sorry for being a pain. but today i found out on my gs1100ex petcock when on prime is dumping fuel out the vacuum tube and the main gas tube so it dumping fuel like crazy i was wondering what rebuild kit would cover the vacuum portion and the whole petcock not just the main gaskets

Just get a new petcock as many folks have had issues with rebuild kits. I still need to put the new one on my bike sometime...probably wait for winter though since it's too nice being able to ride.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I seem to be the only guy on here who has been blessed with good luck when it comes to petcock rebuilds - I've never had a problem (and I've done loads). Petcocks, or fuel taps as we call them in the more 'traditional' part of the world are bloody expensive here so the kits have saved me quite a few quid over the years.

If it's dumping fuel down the vacuum line it's the diaphragm that's gone (split / cracked). That should be a part in every kit.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

i was looking on z1 enterprises and i cant seem to figure out what kit i need could anyone send me a link plz haha

Comment

This is the one they've got listed for your bike:

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

alright thank you ya we found out the petcock was shot because it foulded out the number 3 plug and was leaking gas into the exhaust and oil so i gotta change the oil and rebuild the petcock and hopefully that fixes the problem i got new plugs to

Comment

Working...
            X