No announcement yet.

How to remove VM mounting plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I messed with mine for close to a year before I got it purring like a kitty. I would advise against pods. My Son's 850G will remain stock until it is running running like a factory new bike. At that point it will be his call as to changing anything. It's my understanding that they run so nicely stock, running correctly, that you wouldn't want to change anything. My bike was another story, it was a real mess when I got it, and I do like the air box tool kit. The vacuum crossovers from 1-4 and 2-3 were the last refinements that make the idle absolutely silky, and low end power is just at the point where If I bumped the idle from 1,000 to 1,200 RPM I really think I could clutch out without any throttle at all. As it is, I barely have to open the throttle.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Yeah, i think stock is best thing for me money wise haha, do you have stock air filter or a k and N air filter in the airbox? Anyone know where i can find the small washer type clip for the carb needle?

Comment

Those Jesus clips will get you every time. I'm sure some members have spare parts carbs, and could find you some.
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppaDre View Post
          Yeah, i think stock is best thing for me money wise haha, do you have stock air filter or a k and N air filter in the airbox? Anyone know where i can find the small washer type clip for the carb needle?
          Try SUDCO:

Comment

Thanks a lot Rudeman, I sent them an email about an order! I hope this stupid postage strike ends soon

Comment

Working...
            X