78 gs750 Air Box Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
    Just run it and check the spark plug colors.

Earl
    I will do that, but i dont need a plug chop to tell me its running lean at WOT as there is no smoke from tailpipes to tell me its running rich.....

Comment

Earl.. I am not gonna argue the point..I know the 750s inside and out. Pods allow a less restricted airflow than the stock paper or foam filter..so you and others that run pods DO need to rejet. And there aren built in velocity stacks in the stock boots as well. If he has stock airbox and stock exhaust ( even though he has the Kand N ) theres just maybe a MICROSCOPIC difference. The problem he is having has nothing to do with the Kand N or the missing snorkle. I have a Kand N in my 77 750 so i know thats not the problem. First of all he stated the clips were in 3 differtent positions in the carbs. That should tell anyone that the PO and his buddies didnt have a clue and sold the bike on the cheap to this dude. Then that would automatically send a red flag on everything else in those carbs..Main jets, pilot jets,needle jets..the full monty needs inspected. If he follows what i have told him that bike will be running like a fregiht train in just a few hours tops.
      Last edited by chuck hahn; 06-22-2011, 10:31 PM.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkey View Post
        http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_car...11-22_main.htm

do these look like the right ones? I will probably try 120's or maybe a jet kit with multiple sizes so i have them all to try out..
        I might as well buy a set of pod air cleaners for it seein it is kind of one big pod right now..
        I would NOT go to 120 mains, Ive got a 1977 GS750 which is now 850'd and has Boyer CDI ignition, new coils, iridium plugs, 4-1 tranzac exhaust and K&N pods, and the original VM26ss only needed 112.5 mains.

I would say 107.5 should be the biggest you need to go for your setup with the K&N panel but make sure you seal the airbox properly
        Regards,
        Andy
        Queensland Australia

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_PIC00011.jpg
        GS750B (1977)
        Wiseco 850 kit, K&N pods, 4-1 transac, Custom 2 pak paint, IKON shocks, Custom L.E.D light boards (turn + stop/tail + dash)

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          Earl.. I am not gonna argue the point..I know the 750s inside and out. Pods allow a less restricted airflow than the stock paper or foam filter..so you and others that run pods DO need to rejet. And there aren built in velocity stacks in the stock boots as well. If he has stock airbox and stock exhaust ( even though he has the Kand N ) theres just maybe a MICROSCOPIC difference. The problem he is having has nothing to do with the Kand N or the missing snorkle. I have a Kand N in my 77 750 so i know thats not the problem. First of all he stated the clips were in 3 differtent positions in the carbs. That should tell anyone that the PO and his buddies didnt have a clue and sold the bike on the cheap to this dude. Then that would automatically send a red flag on everything else in those carbs..Main jets, pilot jets,needle jets..the full monty needs inspected. If he follows what i have told him that bike will be running like a fregiht train in just a few hours tops.

to clarify again.. these carbs were off a different bike. they were purchased from a bike yard as a unit and cleaned and adjusted by me

Comment

Working...
          X