GS 750T Starving for fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 750T Starving for fuel?

It had idling and other issues. I had a guy that is pretty good on old bikes go thru the carbs with K&L carb kits but used the original jets etc. Now it runs and idles pretty good but at full throttle and high revs (7,000 or so) it will fall flat on it's face. Runs OK and will rev out under normal riding even passing etc. All 4 cylinders will starve out at the same and backing off the throttle will bring it back to normal. If I hold the throttle open it will just surge along until I back off some. I have good flow to the carbs and it didn't do this before the carb job. The only idea I have is that he set the float levels too low and now they won't drop far enough to feed it at full throttle, high revs. Any other ideas or comments?

Sounds similar to TerryLee's latest thread. After you check your floats, check his problem out. Maybe you both got bit by the same gremlin. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=178252

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. mrbill69,

There is a tested, tried and true, proper way to clean, rebuild, and refurbish the carbs on these GS bikes. You will find the procedures on my little website. Aftermarket "carb kits" are not recommended because they do not contain all of the O-rings you need and the metal parts are generally inferior to the stock parts. The carbs need to be completely disassembled and dipped in parts cleaner for up to 24 hours. Get the O-ring kit from http://cycleorings.com. You will also need to ensure there are no leaks in the air intake system or exhaust. If either the intake or exhaust has been modified then re-jetting is required to maintain the proper fuel/air mixture. There are a couple of maintenance lists in your "mega-welcome" which should be addressed so that your bike runs like it should.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X