Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carb diaphragms are gone....Can't seem to find newones - what are the options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb diaphragms are gone....Can't seem to find newones - what are the options?

Hi everybody
    I am rebuilding my GS850G 1981model and I found that my diaphragms are dry, (with some cuts, holes), in other words they need to be replaced with newones
    the problem is that I can't find anything here (Greece) and a search in the e-bay (Europe only, USA is too far away so too expensive for me) didn't gave me any results ecxept some used carbs from 650s (I suppose they are smaller, right?) - the fact is that I found here 4 used complete carbs from a GS1100 (the store site does not clarify from wich model, but it should be from a 2valve per cyl. model since in Europe the 4valves models are named "gsx") I ll go check them out, but from a quick search in the net I see that they should be 34mm, bigger than mine...But I am a little confused about the carb variations on those bigger GSs (850 - 1000 - 1100).I think the specs in the net are not so reliable...
    So can anybody give any advice?
    - is there any trustfull specs about those models?
    - Would the 34mm bigger carbs be too big for the 850? - maybe with smaller main jets?
    Thank u allin advance guys

I have a set of 32mm diaphragms with slides in great shape. The whole set is yours for $125 shipped (for the record last I looked sudco had em for around $80 EACH new) if you want em.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. OHTOMISI _GS850G,

Partsnmore.com has very good prices on diaphragms. They're not cheap, but less than OEM. You might want to shop the vendor list in your "mega-welcome" if you do want OEM parts. I find that partshark.com and gssuzuki.com usually have the best prices. And Z1Enterprises.com is great to work with and can usually get you just about anything you need for a good price. Call them if you don't find it on their website.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

TCK's price is a good one. Here's some new ones in the UK:

NRP Carbs provide high quality replacement diaphragms for motorcycle carburettors and related repair kits.

By the way - keep your chin up and don't let your government get you down with all that austerity rubbish.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

IF (big IF, 'cause I don't know myself) the Mikuni BS34 slides fit the Mikuni BS32 carbs, then you can get new slides & diaphrams at MikesXS, a Yamaha XS650 supplier. Cost is 80 clams each though. Here's a link:

Again be sure to check if they swap over, and anyone more knowledgeable can weigh in too.

Best.

Comment

I ran the 34CV's from a 1000 on my 850 for many years.
            Just jet with the same pilot's from the 850 carbs and one size larger main jets if I remember correctly.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
            X