A Small victory for Man - in Man vs Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Small victory for Man - in Man vs Carb

Yes there aren't words to describe the elation of this small bit of triumph.

Congratulations! That looks like one cantankerous fragment there.
    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

wow. great persistence, well played. I'da grenaded that carb at some point

Comment

Who managed, what in the, wow! Good going, I have no idea how you managed to remove that without massacring the rest of it.

Comment

Wow... Looks like a mini German stick grenade that went off.

Comment

Originally posted by mike-s View Post
            Who managed, what in the, wow! Good going, I have no idea how you managed to remove that without massacring the rest of it.
            Well, we have yet to see about that... I just took a long ride on the Fizzer this past weekend.... just shy of 1000 miles to Ohio and back (DC) with some nice backroad detours... and I made beer the weekend before - so the cafe project has been on hold... I plan to reassemble now that I've sorted most of the basic electrical wiring and will fill it up with oil and test fire it all up soon.

I feel it'll be alright - worse case scenario I figure, I'll just have to replace it with a spare that I luckily have laying around - which is why I wasn't afraid to go at it with a drill - some light scuffing on the threads from going at it... but it doesn't look too bad... it may let more air in than it should which would require a re-jet but I'll have to wait and see about that.

Comment

Working...
            X