Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New issues or messed something up tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confirmed that all of my jets seem to be stock except for the pilot jet on Carb #4 being a 45 instead of 40. I set the float heights, did a bench synch and set the mixture screws to 3 turns out for Carbs #1, #2 and #3 and 1 turn out for #4. After I got the tank on, I realized I forgot to attach the hose between the breather cover and the airbox but decided to give it a try anyway (I'll take care of that soon).

Things definitely seem better. It started with a little difficulty but I may not have primed the carbs long enough. In any event, it started much easier than before I took the carbs apart. Also, the choke seems to have an effect again (it raised the RPMs) so that's definitely good. I took it for a very brief ride so I probably shouldn't make any judgments yet. I seemed to have the issue where the RPMs take longer to drop than normal when engaging the clutch. I've had that issue before but I'm not sure what I did to correct that. I haven't done a vacuum synch or anything yet. I also didn't get the bike warm enough to really test the stalling at idle when hot condition. It feels like some progress at least! Thanks again for all the help!

I guess my next step is to attempt a vacuum synch.

Comment

Hooray, I hope! Hanging rpms' usually mean intake air leaks, so check boots/clamps, etc. for tightness, but it might improve with a synch.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X