Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 83 Katana 1100 exhaust fit 84 GS1150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 83 Katana 1100 exhaust fit 84 GS1150?

Will an 83 Katana 1100 exhaust fit a 84 GS1150? Looks right. I'm not worried about minor adjustments more my GS1150ef faring or centre stand a problem? Anyone familiar with both bikes? I've been told the header will bolt up but the muffler mounts will need tweeking. Any comments on the faring or centre stand would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2011, 09:21 AM.

Originally posted by Paul View Post
    Will an 83 Katana 1100 exhaust fit a 84 GS1150? Looks right. I'm not worried about minor adjustments more my GS1150ef faring or centre stand a problem? Anyone familiar with both bikes? I've been told the header will bolt up but the muffler mounts will need tweeking. Any comments on the faring or centre stand would be appreciated.
    The only model that will interchange with the Kat exhaust system is the '83 GS1100E/ES

Comment

Originally posted by Mercaholic View Post
      The only model that will interchange with the Kat exhaust system is the '83 GS1100E/ES
      You're wrong. The 1150 exhaust will fit the Katana. El G.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hello again Mr. Paul,

Here's your "welcome package" otherwise known as the "mega-welcome".

Let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Mercaholic View Post
          As Gordon said, you are WRONG! All the HEADER sections are the same from each manufacturer for the 1100e, Katana, & 1150s! The megaphones are the same also! The difference is where the rear hanger bracket is placed on the megaphone. Ray.

Comment

I picked up a header from a 750 or 1100 and I believe it was a GS around 1983, they fit my 1150 perfect, but I had a muffler shop make me a custom tube connecting the header at the bottom over to the VH muffler, it cost me $75 at the muffler shop, I got the header from a junkyard in Hayward Ca that had a big junkyard bike section, the yard is gone now, but man it was awesome when it was there, Im sure some people in the bay area remember this place, you wouldnt believe all the parts I got over the years for dirt cheap...

Comment

Working...
            X