Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences in CV carbs from '80 GS1000 and '82 Kat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences in CV carbs from '80 GS1000 and '82 Kat?

Like the title says, are there any major differences? I have 34mm flatslides on my GS1000S at the moment but they will be used for my '82 Kat project when it gets to that point. I have the stock CV carbs that came with the kat and was thinking I could just get those cleaned up and put on the cooley but didn't know if there were major differences with 8v and 16v cv's. Cooley has 1085 kit, megacycle cams, 4/1. Jetting would have to be worked out obviously. Or are cv's just not a good choice with that configuration? Any info appreciated as always.

The only "real" problems that I have had with switching different CV carbs around are:
    The location of the idle screw
    Notch or no notch to clear the cam chain adjuster on the lower gang mount
    Top pull through the steering stem choke or thumb switch mounted side pull choke.
    Different caps between the handlebars based on choice of choke.
    Length of intake manifolds: Short with 40mm O-ring or long with 38mm O-ring.

If you are keeping the small port heads on the Cooley, keep with the 26's or 29 smooth-bores.
    Carb spacers are a complete and total waste of time and money. As well as HP.
    If you are going to use the large port head, I have seen no improvement or loss of HP using the 34CV's vs. the small port head and 29's.
    They both work EQUALLY as good!

Daniel
    Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X