K&N pods for a 81 GS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N pods for a 81 GS550

Can anyone tell me the K&N part number for PODS to fit BS32SS Mikuni Carbs? There is not much room on cylinder 1 and 4 to fit with out hitting the frame. Also is there a set of filers with duel inlets with the correct spacing so I could use two filters instead of four.

I'm currently running EMGLO PODS and they stink!!! Others in this forum have also made that observation Too bad I did not read deep enough to find them. I now read posts daily to learn from the experts what not to do.

I don't have a stock airbox so am stuck with making something else work.

Rc-0984
    :d
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks Chief I'll look em up.

Comment

Are you running an aftermarket header with that? If so what carb jetting and setting are you going to use?

Comment

The ape pods are the same thing as the K&N as far as I know. I got mine shipped to my door from APE for 75$....60$ actual product cost. They seem to be very nice quality.
          Thats if you are going to use individual filters. Just go to their site and get the ones for your carb size...they have a list.

Comment

Working...
          X