Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS850 carb jetting driving me nuts.. what's stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That motorcyclecarbs place was a rip off business. Stay clear. Several members here have posted negative info about them.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

For parts at reasonable prices and shipping that should arrive in a few days,
      CALL the good folks at Z1enterprizes.com
      They have just about everything that you need for your carbs or can get them for you.
      Most of what they carry/supply is NOT on their website.
      Again, CALL THEM.

Daniel

Comment

Now that's what I needed to hear. I'll call them first thing tomorrow.

THANK YOU!!!

Comment

It's not looking good. Z1 doesn't have most of the parts.

I can get them from dealer maybe... anyone have mikuni parts sitting around?

Comment

What do you need?
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

one 115 jet, one 180 pilot air jet, one X-5 needle jet, maybe one or two 5D50 needles. There's some issue over pilot air jets. The Z1 guy says I need 190's for pilots, the manual says 180's. The manual is suzuki printed, the parts list is suzuki printed. Those don't match. there's a guy at work that may have some parts, and if not, the Z1 guy says that suzuki corporate says I can still get the parts, but availability is "limited". Either way, I'm looking at 3 weeks for a dealer order. That kills my ambitions to make it run by August 28.

Comment

Originally posted by 86turbodsl View Post
                one 115 jet, one 180 pilot air jet, one X-5 needle jet, maybe one or two 5D50 needles. There's some issue over pilot air jets. The Z1 guy says I need 190's for pilots, the manual says 180's. The manual is suzuki printed, the parts list is suzuki printed. Those don't match. there's a guy at work that may have some parts, and if not, the Z1 guy says that suzuki corporate says I can still get the parts, but availability is "limited". Either way, I'm looking at 3 weeks for a dealer order. That kills my ambitions to make it run by August 28.
                Ok I'll have a look through my coffee cans of carb parts.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Definitely only one 5D50 needle. I'm going to place an order somewhere by tomorrow.

Comment

I have all the above
                    1-115 main jet
                    2-5D50 Jet needle
                    1-X-5 Needle jet
                    1-180 Pilot air jet (it says 175 but I have a set of carbs with 180 and I matched it and drilled it so it is a 180)
                    I can get them out today if I hear from you in time.

Comment

Working...
                    X