Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So..Is there an exhaust system that fits my 83 GS750es?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So..Is there an exhaust system that fits my 83 GS750es?

Just bought a MAC exhaust system for the 750s /1100's only to find ot they dont fit in the ports of the heads. Do you guys know of any other options made by MAC or something reasonable that fits these bikes? Help!!!

Originally posted by rvnkvn View Post
    Just bought a MAC exhaust system for the 750s /1100's only to find ot they dont fit in the ports of the heads. Do you guys know of any other options made by MAC or something reasonable that fits these bikes? Help!!!
    How do they not fit?
    Want to sell it to me?
    Plenty of people have said that 4-valve exhaust won't fit on a 2 valve engine also...

Daniel
    Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

The head pipes are larger than the ports in the 750 head. They don't even come close to fitting into the heads.

Comment

Really? I'll have to go measure the head on my '82 750EX and the '83 1100ED.

Daniel

Comment

I believe they changed them in 83. Mine measures out to 42mm.

Comment

1st gen GSXR 750 header will fit.

there is one for sale here right now but you will need a Red R to see it. It looks almost new and it is SS

Last edited by posplayr; 08-02-2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

Daniel
              Sorry, I REALLY don't want to derail this thread, but I LOVE that bike! Wow!

Now back to your regular scheduled thread.

Comment

I believe they changed them in 83. Mine measures out to 42mm.
                I can confirm this.The header for my 78 100 and my 83 750 one are quite different spacing.

Comment

Working...
                X