2 dry carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 dry carbs

just installed my rebuilt carbs, and started it for the first time (83 gs 1100)it runs barely. ive determined that carbs 3 &4 arent getting any gas, yes i have it on prime. 1 & 2 are heating up indicating that they r working. pulled the drain plugs off of 3 & 4 and they r dry. any suggestions before i pull the carbs agin?

Take a deep breath and blow in the gas tank...hard and long.

If the needles are slightly wedged, they may be keeping the fuel from flowing into those carbs.

Comment

Tap the carbs with the back of a screwdriver.

Comment

Check the carb bodies to make sure they are in the right order.

Comment

and just to be sure, the inlet for the carbs is the middle tee connection, and the 2 outer ones are the vents?

Comment

and the winner is.....

mistercinders.. i had swapped out carb #3 with one from another set i had. the fuel tee was hard to get in the hole. turns out it was a carb from one of the ends and it had a dead-end hole. Drilled out the larger hole to 3/8" which was nearly perfect, and carefully drilled the passage all the way through with a smaller bit. Fuel tee fits in nice now.
            that was the first time i started the bike and what encouraging is that it didnt run too bad on only 2 cyl. should be great on 4!
            when it was running at idle it had the symptoms of a loose clutch (gravelly sound) but im hoping it was just 2 dead cylinders not doing their share of the work. Cant wait til I install them. thanks everybody

Comment

Working...
            X