Age old Carb Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age old Carb Question?

theres three holes on the VM carbs.. they all look identical and one of them is the vaccum for the tank.. what do the other two do??? me and a friend have been debating about their importance/functionality for quite a while now... do we plug them up and if so why- how were they when they first left the factory?? i cant seem to find this answer anywhere.. more importantly i just wanna know if i should plug em up or not...
    Originally posted by tkent02
    That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
    John 3:16

they are vents, do not plug them. usually there are hoses that run to the airbox but if running pods then just removing the hoses wont affect anything.
    up to you, run hoses to the airbox or just leave them open. do NOT blank them off
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

The other two are bowl vents. Do not plug them and they must be vented. It is also recommended to leave them off in certain applications like pods and a stage 3 jet kit...
      1978 GS 1000 (pods, V&H 4 to 1, Dyna S, Dyna coils, stage 3 jet kit, Progressive springs, relay mod, 530 chain, Honda regulator, clutch basket welded and shimmed)
      1970 Honda C70

Comment

i guess i was very wrong lol... i kept em plugged! alrighty thanks guys
        Originally posted by tkent02
        That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
        John 3:16

Comment

Working...
        X