83 1100ES intake boot O-ring size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 1100ES intake boot O-ring size?

I've looked thru the shop manual, cycleorings.com, bikebandit, and a bunch of other sites but I still can't figure out what size the intake boot o-rings are for my stock 1100ES. I'm gathering materials and supplies to start establishing a baseline for my bike once it drops below 100 degrees here in TX (maybe by Dec?).

Thanks in advance!

You can't find a listing as there are none.
    Your bike, uses the intake manifold tubes with clamps.

Daniel

Comment

Theres a metal ring that comes with the new carb to airbox boots, you arent talking about that are you ? No rubber o-rings used on the intake manifolds, youre thinking of the 2 valve 1000

Comment

See I knew you guys would know!

Thanks.

Comment

Just installing new air box rubbers. The only way I could remove the old hard as rock ones was to bend the metal inside rings. The new boots did not come with new rings. Do I really need to put the metal rings back in? If so how do you do it? What purpose do they serve? The groove on the boot fits the air box tightly and the air box clamp doesn't clamp onto that ring. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Airstream View Post
            Just installing new air box rubbers. The only way I could remove the old hard as rock ones was to bend the metal inside rings. The new boots did not come with new rings. Do I really need to put the metal rings back in? If so how do you do it? What purpose do they serve? The groove on the boot fits the air box tightly and the air box clamp doesn't clamp onto that ring. Am I missing something?
            I'd replace the metal rings, or straighten them out and reinstall. They keep the airbox boots seated and make sure the system doesn't draw false air.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I going to order some new ones as I bent the old ones up pretty good. I think the easiest way to get them in is to install the boot first and then try to work them in from inside the air box. In the meantime I will see how it runs without them. That's once I get the 400 dollar special running for the first time of course.

Comment

I never could figure out how to get those out without destroying them....

Comment

Cut the boot out from around them

Comment

I believe the original metal bands had a open end. With those you just overlapped the ends, which reduced the diameter, held them in place with needle nose vice grips, put in place then released the vice grip.
                    These new ones bend pretty easily, but with a new "soft" air box boot
                    they should slip in easily if well lubricated from the back, using a small hook to pull them into place from the front.
                    sigpic
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

They shoud be they dont, they are a bear to get in. Lube up the boot with some silicone and work then down evenly with 2 screw drivers. The trick is evenly, if 1 gets ahead they pop out. Theres a ridge in the boot they have to go over to get in.

Comment

Working...
                      X