Siamese's setup, two carbs only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siamese's setup, two carbs only

1985 550 GS L Siamese's setup, two carbs only , do you know were the choke is? on these carbs, there are two plastic caps were I think the choke plungers go and my other question is the two pipes indicated with red arrows are they the main fuel inlets that should have a tee going to the fuel tank . I got this bike as a non runner so there could be parts missing . I have the O ring and screw kit ready to go but would like to get these questions out of the way first . Thank you in advance Digby49

Those nipples you are pointing at are the vent tubes, not fuel inlets - there's another nipple behind them with a hard piece of tubing that connects the two "twin" bodies together, that's the fuel in, it's the hose with the wire spring around it in your pic...

The hose in front on your pic is the vaccum line to the petcock.

There should be a choke plunger assy where each cap is... see the attached pic.
    Last edited by hikermikem; 08-08-2011, 10:26 PM.
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Well thank you for clearing that up , in that case I going to need two plungers a choke cable and how are the plungers attached to the cable? Thank you in advance

Comment

choke plungers

found these on ebay would this be a way to go / there $20

Comment

I have a choke cable I can sell you on the cheap if you need one, I'd have to look, but I think it even has the plastic caps on it too. PM me if so.

Comment

These are held in place with a spring at the end of the choke cable.
            The swaged metal tips go in the holes on the plungers.

There are a lot of ********s tearing up crbs and jacking up prices of late on ebay. Bloddy idiots.

new the plungers are 25 each at alpha sprts and they would have a clean coat of the teflon like coating that helps em slide.

Comment

lowbal the best offer sale.

150 is ludicrous offer 75 and see if he bites. I would never pay 150 as I know that eventually all things come to pass at sane prices on EBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Digby49 View Post
                found these on ebay would this be a way to go / there $20
                I think all the choke parts you need are still available from Suzuki. Those plungers look a bit ratty, but they would most likely clean up OK.

I looked at PartShark.com (best prices I've found for OEM stuff) & the plungers new are $21 a pop... have Don send you a pic of the cable he has & maybe some of the parts you need are on it already.

You need items 37, 38, 39, 40 & 41.

'85 GS550L - SOLD
                '85 GS550E - SOLD
                '82 GS650GL - SOLD
                '81 GS750L - SOLD
                '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
                '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
                '82 GS1100G - SOLD
                '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

As Hikermikem can tell you, it's raining like crazy right now. I'll take a look at what I have with the cable tomorow.

Comment

I checked my stash and I have a cable but it has partly snapped at the lever end.
                    A shame as it is a preventable thing when a cable is lubed.

I have a couple of plungers but they are heavily scored.

Comment

This is a closeup of the plungers.
                      See one has the coatings and one has been polished by me.

I polised it because the black coating has gotten gummy and if it was meant for smooth operation the function was lost over time.

In the fully closed position this would mean nothing as there is a rubber seal at the base that interfaces with a shapr sealing edge in the carb body.
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-10-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Choke

I have PMed Don for his cable still need 2 plungers, the ones in Fig 11 do not look the same and how are the plungers attached to the cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Digby49 View Post
                          I have PMed Don for his cable still need 2 plungers, the ones in Fig 11 do not look the same and how are the plungers attached to the cable?

They attach to the cable by having the ball end of the cable slipped into the wee hole on the top of the plunger.

See my link to see the hole.

When the clutch lever is opened springs that sit atop the plungers are compressed which drive the plungers back in place when tension on the cable is released.

You would most likley need the springs as I doubt they come with a cable.
                          You need the plastic "nuts" as well.

Comment

JEEPRUSTY would it be posible to call you as this is painfull

Comment

It is raining but I will try and take a picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X