float levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

float levels

So I thought I had been setting levels properly, but I read that you are not suppose to let the float push down on the needle valve when measuring. So I tilted them on their side enough to get the floats to just touch the needle valves, but not push them down. Measured from there and also measured again when carbs were laying flat and both ways were in spec.(although of course different readings) Just wanted to make sure this is the correct way to do it? terrylee

Yes Terry that sounds good to me. The springs should not compress at all with the weight of the floats on them. Sounds like you've done good. They should work wonderfully done like that. Tilting the carbs on a bit of an angle so the weight of the float does not compress the spring is acceptable if the springs are a bit weak.

The only better way to check is when the motor is running and having clear flexible pipe from the drain screw holes in the base of the float bowls running up the side of the carbs to check the fuel level under running conditions with the motor using fuel. But even without that the carbs should work fine.

Comment

Thanks Don, I was hoping that was the case. I may try the other way if I can come up with a couple of extra float bowl drain screws. terrylee

Comment

Working...
      X