Canadian Gs1100e jetting issues.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Gs1100e jetting issues.......

Hey there everybody. I currently have a 1980 gs 1100e model that is either from canada or europe. It has a km/hr gauge instead of a mile per hour gauge.
    Anyways, it has aftermarket 4 into one exhaust by yoshimura racing and a k&n cylinderical air filter but no airbox. I bought a dyno jet kit for it thinking that would be the answer because when I first picked the bike up it didnt run right.
    The dyno jet instruction had me change the needles and put different jets in. Well it ending up being off even further. No one wants to work on this thing because it is foriegn. I dont know enough about it to be able to tell what I need to change. Anyone have any ideas about where I should start with this jetting?
    The needles I put in were way larger at the bottom. Should I put the thin ones back in or stick with the large ones? Get them jetted right and I suppose i have to sync these things. They are cv carbs though so thats a plus. Any info would help. Want to ride this bad boy. Thanks.

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. snorat,

There is a carb spec chart on my little website with a few references to CAN and UK bikes. That ought to get you close.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed. I will put you on my prayer list.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by snorat View Post
      Hey there everybody. I currently have a 1980 gs 1100e model that is either from canada or europe. It has a km/hr gauge instead of a mile per hour gauge.
      Anyways, it has aftermarket 4 into one exhaust by yoshimura racing and a k&n cylinderical air filter but no airbox. I bought a dyno jet kit for it thinking that would be the answer because when I first picked the bike up it didnt run right.
      The dyno jet instruction had me change the needles and put different jets in. Well it ending up being off even further. No one wants to work on this thing because it is foriegn. I dont know enough about it to be able to tell what I need to change. Anyone have any ideas about where I should start with this jetting?
      The needles I put in were way larger at the bottom. Should I put the thin ones back in or stick with the large ones? Get them jetted right and I suppose i have to sync these things. They are cv carbs though so thats a plus. Any info would help. Want to ride this bad boy. Thanks.
      The DJ needles are the ones that taper to really small at the ends.
      Do you have 4 individual filters or one filter in place of the filter box?

Comment

If the Dynojet needles are fat at the bottom you got the wrong kit.
        You have a 16 valve 1100 and it sounds like you got an eight valve kit.
        Doesn't matter if it a foreign bike. The motors are the same.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The dynojet kit for the 1100 16v has needles that look like the one below (the silver one)

Nic
          83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

In europe they call it a gsx 1100 i have one !!!!! good luck with your carb...

Comment

80 gs1100

My 80 1100 is running 4-1 & pods. I use stock needles set to the middle, 130 mains, 47.5 air. It idles fine & pulls from 1000 to redline like a freight train.
              80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

... so, which jetkit did you buy stg 1 & 3?. which jet sizes went in? and what was the kit #?

Comment

Working...
                X