Pilot jet rubber plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot jet rubber plug

What would be cause if a bike was ran with no rubber plug on the pilot jet? No I am not running mine without I am buying brand new ones. But when I pulled the bowls off the rubber plug on the #4 carb was not there.

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
    What would be cause if a bike was ran with no rubber plug on the pilot jet? No I am not running mine without I am buying brand new ones. But when I pulled the bowls off the rubber plug on the #4 carb was not there.
    The plug forces the pilot jet to get fuel from same cavity as the main jet-so there MIGHT be transition problems. Oddly enough on some Keihin carbs (cv type), the pilot jet just sits next to main jet, slighty higher, to gulp on its own.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

So technically there should be a rubber plug in all of the pilot jets?

I had wondered about this, all mine are missing.

thx

Comment

Originally posted by glenlloyd View Post
        So technically there should be a rubber plug in all of the pilot jets?

I had wondered about this, all mine are missing.

thx
        They should all be there. There is a port between the cavities of it and the main, which by the way you need to make sure it's not clogged when cleaning. But it's fairly large so it probably won't be.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

On almost all the Suzuki GS CV carbs the fuel is sucked through the main and diverted to the pilot through a large port connecting them. When the needle starts to rise out of the main the fuel is then sucked through the needle jet.
          If the plug is not installed it will run very rich.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Many thanks gentlemen, more parts to acquire!

Comment

Just ordered mine from Z1... not bad price at all.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

the hole can be tapped and a threaded plug used, I did this on a Kawasaki, it was recommended with the jet kit....
                  GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Working...
                  X