Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Petcock

Anyone know if these are these are any good? Sorry if already covered

That looks like one of the K&L OEM-style replacements, as sold by Z1. But there's no way to be sure.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Mine's been working well for 2 years.

Comment

I've ordered several items from Gerogefix and have always been happy with the service / quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
        I've ordered several items from Gerogefix and have always been happy with the service / quality.
        Pretty sure he's the one I got my petcock from about 5 years ago. I've had no issues so far. I seems to recall he was fairly quick in shipping as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
          Evidently you are one of the FEW.

Maybe his parts are OK, but I have heard less-than-stellar reviews on his carb rebuilding services.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Looks like the one I bought for the 450, and at a better price. Haven't had any problems yet, except where lines hook up is oposite of OEM, so alittle bit of a pain to make sure no kinks or too much bend in hoses. terrylee

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Maybe his parts are OK, but I have heard less-than-stellar reviews on his carb rebuilding services.

You're thinking of wiredgeorge
              I hope it isn't the same guy since I've given him alot of business on Ebay.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks...sounds like for $21 more the oem might be worth it??

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I don't let ANYONE touch my carbs, but me.

Comment

Originally posted by chirobo View Post
                    Thanks...sounds like for $21 more the oem might be worth it??
                    Spend the $45-$60 and get a new vacuum petcock. Will be some of the best money you spend on your bike.

Comment

WE ARE TALKING about two different people Georgefix & wiredgeorge !!!! The OEM petcock is over $100

Comment

44300-45471 ! COCK ASSY FUEL | Includes Item(s) 2 $68.66
                        From an internet vendor...am I missing something?? Way under $100

Comment

Working...
                        X