No announcement yet.

Help Identifying jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here is one of the diaphragm with a 7/32 bit in it. looks like it was drilled on an angle.

Thanks,
    Dave
    82 GS1100E
    five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
    Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

Originally posted by 5azzmonkey View Post
      And here is one of the diaphragm with a 7/32 bit in it. looks like it was drilled on an angle.
      The angle is normal.

The needle is rather fuzzy in that picture, what Chef is asking for is a nice, in-focus picture of the needle.
      The shape of the needle is drastically different between stock and DynoJet.
      (This is what makes the DJ kit worth the money.)

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

This one is nice a clear.

Thanks,
        Dave
        82 GS1100E

Comment

If that needle has notches by the clip for adjustment you have the wrong Dynojet kit my friend.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            If that needle has notches by the clip for adjustment you have the wrong Dynojet kit my friend.
            Looks stock to me. If it's got notches its probably stock Canadian spec. I have a handful of those. Good for tinkering on a stock airbox bike with a pipe or a KN drop in but not for pods/pipe.

Your main is way way too fat DJ size or not.

For what you're running (didn't see if you're running stock pipes?) either DJ132 or DJ138 main stock pilot and of course the DJ needles.

If you try to run that thing with what's in there it's gonna be lean in spots, fat in others and you'll never get the potential out of it that it's got.
            Buy a GS1100E stage3 dynojet kit, install per instructions (except I don't like their clip setting, put it 3 from the bottom) adjustment screws 3 turns out and be done with it.

Comment

So it looks like the PO who did the Pipes (Kerker 4 to 1) and Pods only changed the main jet and left the rest stock! It always appeared to run fine in the past but when I opened it up it looked to be running very rich!

I will be ordering a new DJ kit.

Big Thanks to everyone with helping me!

-Dave
              82 GS1100E

Comment

hey fellow zuks... i am a newbie to GSR and am just trying to figure out what you guys are talking about and how to follow the thread correctly...i have a 1979 gs750e that has straight pipes and generic air pods.. she idles great but boggs at 1/4 turn to full throttle.. i am a liitle confused on the jet. main jet pioltjet all the jets basicly...i search youtube and got info that if i adjust the air/fuel screw it would help...should i put the stock air box back on and use the 2 into 1 pipes on the bike already so i dont have to rejet the carbs... my apologies in advance for my ignorance but i am a quick learner and open to sugestions...thanks and im greatful that i found this site...

Comment

Originally posted by KINGOFCROIX View Post
                  hey fellow zuks... i am a newbie to GSR and am just trying to figure out what you guys are talking about and how to follow the thread correctly...i have a 1979 gs750e that has straight pipes and generic air pods.. she idles great but boggs at 1/4 turn to full throttle.. i am a liitle confused on the jet. main jet pioltjet all the jets basicly...i search youtube and got info that if i adjust the air/fuel screw it would help...should i put the stock air box back on and use the 2 into 1 pipes on the bike already so i dont have to rejet the carbs... my apologies in advance for my ignorance but i am a quick learner and open to sugestions...thanks and im greatful that i found this site...
                  At those throttle positions, the needle jet (mid throttle) and mains (WOT) control the air/fuel mix. If the PO did not re-jet for pods/pipes, you need to do so.

Check your plugs for rich/lean. Then adjust the slide needle and/or main jet size to correct the mixture.

Comment

Straight pipes and no jetting experience are a receipe for disaster

Put a header on it and rejet accordingly

And, start your own thread
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Here's a link to a good read on CV carbs

-Dave
                      82 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                      X