Petcock Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock Query

As I was draining the gas from my tank yesterday I noticed that the fuel would run thru the pepcock at the same speed despite the setting, that is, RES, ON, PRI.

Why is that?

I thought that it would only run on prime, as the others require vacuum to operate.
    I would add that I haven't had any issues with the petcock such as fuel in the airbox or oil etc.

TIA for any responses/thoughts
    Z

Originally posted by zeebob View Post
    As I was draining the gas from my tank yesterday I noticed that the fuel would run thru the pepcock at the same speed despite the setting, that is, RES, ON, PRI.

Why is that?

I thought that it would only run on prime, as the others require vacuum to operate.
    I would add that I haven't had any issues with the petcock such as fuel in the airbox or oil etc.

TIA for any responses/thoughts
    Z
    Why??? your petcock has failed, but apparently your carb floats /seats are doing their job and holding back the tide of gas. Don't rely on this-just get a new petcock.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Your petcock should only allow gas to flow in "On" or "Res" when there is vacuum applied to the petcock, which is when the engine runs.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Working...
      X