Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

airbox/carb boot clamps

hey everyone!

are the clamps for the airbox boots the same as the clamps for the carb boots?

on Basscliffs tutorial for air intake repair, the part # for the carb boot clamp is 09402-52306 and the part # for the air boot clamp is 09402-58205.

Z1 says the 09402-52306 clamp fits both boots and doesnt seem to carry the other clamp at all. i've seen on a couple other sites that the 09402-52306 clamp replaces the 09402-58205 clamp.

sorry for putting up all these numbers. i'm just a little confused. i'd appreciate any clarification on this matter. all of you are awesome. thanks in advance.

have a great day.

The intake and filter side of carbs are different sizes.
    Will the clamps fit I don't know. If Z1 says they do then most likely they do. They seem to be a good company.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hi,

I didn't really pay attention as to why the clamps had different part numbers. I also assume that it was because of the different diameters. The clamps are cheap enough. Why not just buy OEM?

Alpha-sports.com says the intake boots are part# 09402-52306, and the airbox boots are part# 09402-58306 which supersedes 09402-58205. I don't know if they are interchangeable.

I seem to recall that I bought the parts for that project from partshark.com.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 08-18-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadicalz View Post
        hey everyone!

are the clamps for the airbox boots the same as the clamps for the carb boots?

on Basscliffs tutorial for air intake repair, the part # for the carb boot clamp is 09402-52306 and the part # for the air boot clamp is 09402-58205.

Z1 says the 09402-52306 clamp fits both boots and doesnt seem to carry the other clamp at all. i've seen on a couple other sites that the 09402-52306 clamp replaces the 09402-58205 clamp.

sorry for putting up all these numbers. i'm just a little confused. i'd appreciate any clarification on this matter. all of you are awesome. thanks in advance.

have a great day.

My experience (albeit it on my 650) is that the clamps will not fit both sides equally. It could be someone has looked at the wrong part number, because those #s indicate that the airboot clamp is 6mm larger. I can tell you from experience that 6mm makes a difference in how secure the clamps sit on the smaller boot and vice versa.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

thanks guys, i think i misunderstood what the Z1 site was saying.

i had already ordered the 09402-52306 clamps from Z1. i just need to pick up the others, then i'll be one step closer to getting this project done.

thanks again.

Comment

I always trust what Z1 tells me. They know our bikes and have nothing to gain by misleading anyone. Great vendors, although I miss talking directly to Jeff himself.

Comment

The guys at Z1 seem like good guys. They ship quickly, and mostly carry good stuff, etc. But I'd trust Suzuki part #'s more than I'd trust them. Their page for my bike lists the wrong rear wheel bearings. I've informed them of that and got a response, but they have not corrected it.

Comment

What size clamps for airbox/ intake boots?

What are the sizes? When i got my82 850 L it didnt even start. After many hours on this site im certain i could rebuild the entire fuel and carb system with my eyes glued shut. One of the many previous owners had just slapped on any old 28mm clamp they could find. One being from a VW! Needless to say, they wouldnt tighten and were way too WIDE to even fit in the boot grooves. If yall have a part number from a good parts source, shoot it to me and ill take your word for it. Intake and airbox boot clamps needed

Comment

850gl ratbob

And what is a web address for this z1 place? Sounds like a great parts supplier!

Comment

www.z1enterprises.com

I don't know of the actual sizes but I know the medium to large hose clamps you can find at Lowes work on my airbox side. Maybe take a boot with you to check it out.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Don't know about your bike. But on my 83 750e, they are different sizes. Just picked up mine a couple of days ago. Not cheap 50 bucks with taxes and everything.
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
                      https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X