Jet kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet kit

I purchased a jet kit online and i am curious as too the actual results that can be gained with these kits was the investment worth the risk ?

The results will depend on your own circumstances.

If you have installed pod filters and an aftermarket pipe, a PROPER jet kit is not only beneficial, it's MANDATORY.

Without the kit, not only will it not run well, it won't run very long.
    The mixture will be lean, which burns hotter.
    The engine will soon suffer, sometimes catastrophically.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

What jet kit did you purchase and what bike do you own?
      My Grandma live in Harrisburg.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Gs 550 es 1986

I drilled large holes in the air box and cut a big slot for more air the factory under the seat area was looking rather restrictive . I added 7 mm wires as well as a jet kit by sigma 107 main 105 secondary jets and a k and n filter to match the vance hines four into one

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Outlaw86gses,

About the best way to tell if your bike is jetted properly is to perform what are called "plug chops" and read the spark plugs for color and detonation characteristics. There is a rudimentary guide on my website along with other information in the carb sections ("How to read your spark plugs", etc).

I've been saying it a lot lately so I might as well mention it to you, too. You have a 30 year old motorcycle that probably needs 20 years worth of maintenance. If you do all of the required maintenance properly, you and your bike will be insanely happy. Now let's roll up our sleeves and get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed. I will put you on my prayer list.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw86gses View Post
            I drilled large holes in the air box and cut a big slot for more air the factory under the seat area was looking rather restrictive . I added 7 mm wires as well as a jet kit by sigma 107 main 105 secondary jets and a k and n filter to match the vance hines four into one
            AGAIN!!! What bike do you have?!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              AGAIN!!! What bike do you have?!!! Ray.
              86 550 Ray - he stuck it in the title. MUCH better to stick it in your signature though.

Personally I wouldn't start chopping things up on one of them - those Siamese carbs are a bit of an oddity and parts won't be easy to come by I suspect.
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
              X