carb caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb caps

Ok changed the shiny thin metal caps at the side of each carb. on the 450. (cover end of throttle shaft). Are those for looks only or do they keep air out? Seems I got the new ones. on too tight and throttle is getting stuck open. Problem is to get them off, I know I will tear them up, that's why I was putting on new ones because old ones were smashed. terrylee

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
    Ok changed the shiny thin metal caps at the side of each carb. on the 450. (cover end of throttle shaft). Are those for looks only or do they keep air out? Seems I got the new ones. on too tight and throttle is getting stuck open. Problem is to get them off, I know I will tear them up, that's why I was putting on new ones because old ones were smashed. terrylee
    The caps on the ends are there to prevent nasty elements from entering the throttle shaft.

How did you get them off and how did you install them. Did you use OEM parts?

Comment

The old ones were smashed some on the end, so I pulled and wiggled off with channel lock pliers. Ordered OEM new ones from Bike Bandit. They were very tight going on so tapped on with rubber mallet, but obviously got them too tight. terrylee

Comment

Working...
      X