Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing screws on my 1980 GS850G carbs

hey everybody,

i'm in the middle of a carb rebuild. all is going well, thanks to the advice and resources provided by this site and from its members.

i had a bit of trouble with one or two of the old screws. i was able to get them off with a little patience, PB spray and a vice grips. now i'm looking to replace all the screws. (top plates, gangplates, fuel bowls).

last nite i was looking on the computer and saw the specs for all of these screws. but i cant find it today....frustrating. can someone point me to where i can find all the screw sizes etc?

also, can i just go to a hardware store and get hex-head screws of the same size to replace these screws?

thanks in advance for any help.

FR

Just go to ace and you'll get it. Or, you can order screws from www.cycleorings.com
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

on my carbs for the 450 it was M6x1.00 for the gang, M5x0.80 for the top covers and M4x.070 for the bottoms and the choke assembly. I would imagine that your screw sizes would be the same since those are the standard metric sizes one would see. Got those specs from Mr Flaming Chainsaws GS450 carb rebuild guide. They were snug going in, but are fine now. Good luck.

Comment

You can get stainless steel allen screws of eBay.Sourced them locally for my 750

Even with shipping it's less expensive to source them from the US.They are standard metric sizes BTW

Comment

Working...
        X