GS750es Carb problem???? I'm stumped!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll clean them for you.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

It would cost me too much with freight, and the cost of your service. I'll have it done locally. Thanks for offering though!
      Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Hrm.....with all the horror stories that have been posted here lately, I think I would shy away from taking them in somewhere. If you backed out the mixture screws and it started to bog on the way home you might have been loading the cylinders up on fuel. Did you pull your plugs and see if they were rich (black)? And, yes, what you were suggesting a few posts back about syncing at about 1800RPM would have been a good idea. Then like resjuditca said sync and THEN set the idle screws. Try backing down the idle to like 1500 after each carb is sync'ed.

Comment

Yup, all the plugs were black. have the float bowls off looking around, found a crushed screen with junk past it in the #3 cylinder. It also has a broken stand on the float pin. It's holding, but the top of it does not cover the small end of the pin that retains the float. I might have found some of the problems...

Comment

Originally posted by rvnkvn View Post
            Yup, all the plugs were black. have the float bowls off looking around, found a crushed screen with junk past it in the #3 cylinder. It also has a broken stand on the float pin. It's holding, but the top of it does not cover the small end of the pin that retains the float. I might have found some of the problems...
            Uhh....ya I think so Sounds like it was loading up on fuel. Thinking that's why mine is running so s#!tty right now. Replaced the carb boots and those were probably leaking so now that the intake leak is fixed, need to get a proper tune. Hopefully this weekend!!

Comment

I found a broken "tower " on the #3 carb. The pin still is retained, but is there a way to secure the small piece back on to make sure the pin stays put OR do I need to get a new carb body?

Comment

There was a post about how to repair the post on a broken carb body. Think it was a couple months ago. Do an advanced search for "broken post" for the last 6 months or last year and should find it.

Comment

Originally posted by rvnkvn View Post
                  I found a broken "tower " on the #3 carb. The pin still is retained, but is there a way to secure the small piece back on to make sure the pin stays put OR do I need to get a new carb body?
                  I have a complete set of carbs for that bike also, that I could ship out to you with the airbox if you want, I have a clean set and a set that needs to be gone through. dro. p me a PM if interested . Also sent you a PM on the air box with shipping. HJFisk
                  1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                  80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                  1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
                  83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                  85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                  1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                  “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                  If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Does everyone go through this same trouble with pods on the bike? What a pain in the azz. SERIOUSLY considering selling my Uni-pods and going back to a all stock set up so I can enjoy the bike. Not easy to do right now when you are worried about stalling and calling the truck to pick me and the bike back home..... ARUGH!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X