No announcement yet.

Bought bike open pipes no jetting "HELP"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, FYI, Dynojet didn't address the pilot jet at all with their stage 3 kit for my GS1100GL, just the main/needle/air corrector. I was way lean on the pilot circuit and had to go up two sizes on my own to get it right. Make sure you do plug chops afterward to verify it is all running right after the install.

Comment

Yeah i was kinda wondering about the pilot jet, however i got held up lastnight when I got to that awesome little c-clip holding the needle in place lol god i was ****ed everythign else is installed and ready to go back together so im borrowing c-clip tool from shop in town shoudl be able to start my tunign and chopping tonight fingers crossed
      Originally posted by UncleBen View Post
      Also, FYI, Dynojet didn't address the pilot jet at all with their stage 3 kit for my GS1100GL, just the main/needle/air corrector. I was way lean on the pilot circuit and had to go up two sizes on my own to get it right. Make sure you do plug chops afterward to verify it is all running right after the install.

Comment

I tried those clip tools, but I find it much easier to use a pick to get the clips out. Just put the pick into one of the loops at the end of the clip and pry it out. Then I use two flat head screw drivers to re-install them by pressing them in. I can get a needle out, change the height and put it back together faster now using that method than the time it takes me to use the clip tool. After doing yours, you'll be a pro!

Comment

Got everythign installed got bike idleing smooth took it for a test ride to see wheer problem areas are at about 5-6k rpm stumbles and fall flat no power got back plugs blacker then black full of soot so where do i start to correct this moving needle clips adjusting mix screw? What way on the mix screws leans them and richens them? I have another fourm open just for the tuning of the stage 3 i thinkk im close but just not quite there yet http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=181839

Comment

How does the sound of a stock header setup with Harley Mufflers compare to the total stock original exhaust system? I know sound is subjective but how about volume? Also, would back pressure with the Harley mufflers be comparable to stock mufflers? With my Vance and Hines 4 into 1, it gets a little loud for my tastes when I ride in the rpm range that is best for my motor. I still have my stock exhaust but the baffles are loose while the headers are sound.
            PS, one more question. Would you cut the original mufflers downstream from the crossover pipe for best results?
            1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
            1983 GS 1100 G
            2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
            2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
            1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Working...
            X