Where to get float needle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get float needle?

I've got a '78 GS400 I'm working on, and I need to replace the float needle on one of the carbs. The local shop said they could order me one for ~$55. But there's this one on the internet for $4.50:
    http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/suzuki/gs400/?filters[fitting]=custom

Will it fit my '78?

If not, any other place to get one for a similar price?

yes it should..

Comment

OK, thanks.

Can anybody tell me what the OEM part number is, or where I can find that out myself?
      Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I believe the best way to find part numbers is to go to a parts fiche at an OEM dealer and look it up. I use G&S Suzuki but I don't always buy from them. Shop around for prices.

I think this is your bike:

1982 GS1100GL Citrus County, FL

a rare outsider and was only built until 1983. Who still has one, it gives her so little.

Comment

These are CV carbs right? I have a bunch of them.
          Got a picture?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

My Clymer manual tells me I've got Mikuni BS 34 carbs. Are the needles interchangeable b/w BS and CV?

Comment

Originally posted by JShapiro View Post
              My Clymer manual tells me I've got Mikuni BS 34 carbs. Are the needles interchangeable b/w BS and CV?
              The Mikuni carbs are CV (Constant Velocity) carbs.

Comment

Chef -- I've attached a pic. It looks identical (IMO) to the one I linked to in my first post, and is part #11 on the fiche on the post above. If you've got one you could spare that'll fit my carbs, you'd really make my week!

Comment

I have some of those
                  PM me your address
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                  X