Re-jetting 83 1100 E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-jetting 83 1100 E

Hey I got a V&H header used (but never been on a bike) that i'm going to install on my 83 GS1100E. I got instructions with it and they say run a 122.5 main jet ,47.5 pilot jet and remove the airbox cover,has anyone ever done this or heard about it? I'm leaning towards going with a K&N filter in the stock airbox ,what would the jetting be and how do i adust the needle #washers ,size, placement etc.. The pipe has a baffle and i live in massachusetts .Thanks for your help in advance.

You need to get adjustable needles also. A Dynojet, or even better a Factory Pro jet kit, will make this a LOT easier for you to get running correctly. Ray.

Comment

Ray I take it you like the Factory Pro kits better/
      82 GS1100e - (1168 kit, GSXR head, Yoshi cams, FCR39's)
      07 hayabusa - lsr bike on nitrous
      78 GS750E
      83 Gs1100E

Comment

I'd try it stock and see how it runs - the factory exhausts on those bikes actually worked pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Montanaman View Post
          I'd try it stock and see how it runs - the factory exhausts on those bikes actually worked pretty well.
          He has a V&H pipe & stock jetting will NOT woek. Ray.

Comment

I really dont have the cash to buy the factory jet kit now,does anybody have the same bike(83 gs 1100 e) with header that can steer me in the right direction on the jetting ? thanks

Comment

I can sell you the adjustable needles for 65 bucks shipped to you. Ray.

Comment

The jetting that V&H recommends is fine. I would look into the needle that Ray sells though.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad GS 750 E View Post
                  I really dont have the cash to buy the factory jet kit now,does anybody have the same bike(83 gs 1100 e) with header that can steer me in the right direction on the jetting ? thanks
                  I have never heard of an 83 gs 1100 e, is it a V twin?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    I have never heard of an 83 gs 1100 e, is it a V twin?
                    Yah its a v-twin ,with ape hangers, im suprised you never heard of one ! so anybody got anymore advice on the jetting?

Comment

Yes, buy the adjustable needles! Even if they are from someone else. How many of us, that have been DOING this for YEARS, does it take telling you that for you to get it? Ray.

Comment

Seeing your bike sitting there/Zero dollars
                        Taking engine apart/Zero dollars
                        Looking at the world in a whole new way through the hole in your piston/Priceless!
                        I realize you don't have the money for a jet kit but that's what needs to be done not only for a good running engine but one that keeps running.
                        I've blown up enough motors to say this.
                        Put the 122.5 main jets in there and shim the needle until you have the money for Ray's needles, DJ or factory Pro kit.
                        Rays needles are the deal I'd jump on.
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                        X