Stock gs450 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock gs450 carbs

Where do i find a rebuild kit for it i have been searching everywhere please help if you can!

NOOO! Do not buy rebuild kits.

Get these o-rings. Get the combo.

Follow this guide. This one is specific to GS450 carbs.

And this one is very detailed but is for bigger bikes.
    http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/gs/Mikuni_BS-CV_Carburetor_Rebuild_Tutorial.pdf

Look through them both.

What year is your GS450?

Comment

Its actually a 81/2 monster its a track bike

Comment

and the gasket?

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieZ View Post
          Its actually a 81/2 monster its a track bike
          So it's basically a 1980-1982 GS450? Those are all the same and parts swap out easily. The carb guide and o-ring kit will work perfectly.

and the gasket?
          The gasket is usually not needed unless it's leaking. Look around on eBay or even better, Z1 Enterprises.

How about some pics of this track bike?

Comment

Definitely needs gaskets....It's a work in progress and iv been working on it since i was 15 i'm only 19 now but ill put some up tonight brotha!

Comment

Comment

Definitely needs gaskets....It's a work in progress and iv been working on it since i was 15 i'm only 19 now but ill put some up tonight brotha!
                Well well well... We got ourselves another youngster.... Actually I'm 18 myself.

According to your original black bodywork, you have a 1983+ GS450E. So I am unsure if my guide and o-ring kit will work but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't since they are both BS34 carburetors, right?

Comment

yup that probably enplanes why the tank didn't fit on the bike they are actually 2 different bikes that i am trying to mesh into one... and as far as i can tell it is a mukuni bs34

Comment

yup that probably enplanes why the tank didn't fit on the bike they are actually 2 different bikes that i am trying to mesh into one... and as far as i can tell it is a mukuni bs34
                    Judging from the frame, it's definitely a 1983+ E model.

Take a look at my rebuild guide in the link above. Compare your carb to my pictures. I'm pretty sure that all GS450's except the GA, used the same Mikuni BS34. The only difference maybe jetting.

Comment

I'm about 96.3 percent sure its the same carb. The manual said they all have the same from 77'-87'. I guess worse comes to worse I will just end up buying it anyways gotta wait for my paycheck and pick up the gaskets on ebay do you know of any good ebay stores? Pretty much that the brakes, and fine tuning are my only really big projects. (Knock on wood!)

It's coming together though books and classes are taking a big chunk out of my budget!

Comment

I'm about 96.3 percent sure its the same carb. The manual said they all have the same from 77'-87'. I guess worse comes to worse I will just end up buying it anyways gotta wait for my paycheck and pick up the gaskets on ebay do you know of any good ebay stores? Pretty much that the brakes, and fine tuning are my only really big projects. (Knock on wood!)

It's coming together though books and classes are taking a big chunk out of my budget!
                        Here's one. Unsure of the quality but it's only $6

They are still available at online vendors as well.

My favorite is partshark.com.

Comment

Sweet bro thanks for the help keep in touch. In the morning I will be getting this bad boy out of the elements and into my garage and really start to break it down and get more pictures!

Comment

Everyone on here always tells me to get OEM. here are the links to the part you are talking about.

If it's 83-88 it's part #26 in this diagram $6.46/ea

If it is an 80-82 part #17 in the diagram $5.87/ea

Comment

Yes, if that first pic is the original one, then definitely '83+, which means some key differences between the '80 - '82 models.

First, carbs are definitely different, not sure on what effect that has on the O rings except that the jets are completely different sizes/series to the earlier ones.

Also, yours has electronic advance on the ignition, so older ignition modules and upgrades won't be suitable as they will rely on mechanical advance.

Other than that, a lot of things should still be in common...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                              X