help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

My bike is running lean at high rpms and I fattened it up but its still lean. I pulled out the trusty carb clean and when i spray my intake seals the bike bogs. But I cant find the fuel intake seals anywhere and ideas

1978 gs750e

Here you go.

Take a look at #17. It is the likely source of your problem.

All boots need to be soft and free of cracks, filter in place and air box sealed.

If you have pods or a modded exhaust, all bets are off...

Comment

First you need to disassemble the carbs completely and dip them in a can of Berryman's as described here.

At the same time order a set of o-rings here.

The intake o-rings described are here. As you can see, they get tired and squished to a point of leaking air. As a matter of fact, every rubber piece throughout the bike should be replaced after 35+ years....and replace those silly phillips head screws with some socket head screws.

\
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by hdcrossbones09 View Post
        My bike is running lean at high rpms and I fattened it up but its still lean.
        How did you "fatten it up"?

You received your "mega-welcome" in this thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=177493

I encourage you to go over the required maintenance lists and perform every task properly so that you and your bike can be insanely happy. It's a machine and you can fix it.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X