Sticky Throttle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky Throttle?

Well after 2 years of worry free service the old girl is really having it hard. The newest issue is the throttle cable is 1. Hard to move and 2. will not return to closed.

I am thinking after 10+ years those cables need to be changed again. Also since this started she does not want to stay running and the RPM's are all over the place.

Thanks in advance, Aaron

There's just one thing the bike needs.
    Someone who does a little maintenance.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Its well maintained, better than most. I had a problem with the rear master and it was only a year old!?! Still has to build it again! I just love how everyone get on here going maintain your stuff and blah blah blah. I do, regularly. The cables are not original to the bike and seem to be in over all good shape. I am at work and not in a place to look at. I was hoping someone had some feedback. Thanks.

Comment

I can speak from my knowledge with dirt bikes. This bike is set up quite similar. I would disconnect your throttle cable from the carb and see if it is still difficult to move. A lot of times this is the case and it just means you need a new throttle cable. A lot of aftermarket "cheap" cables wear quickly. They inner cable sort of carves into the side of the outer sheath and makes it hard to move.

Hopefully this helps.

Joe

Comment

Ok, I got home.scary ride! But the cables are not the whole issue. It seems that the carbs which were rebuilt about two years ago are tight. Very hard to open and close.

Comment

Working...
          X