Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150L megaphones on a GS650GLD

Hey guys,
    I went to the Dealer and sitting out they had a brand new, still in the box, pair of 1150L mufflers. $50 a pair. I want to buy them, since I have a pair of HD take offs on my bike and don't like the sound. I want to get the original UJM sound back. Anyone knows of any inconvenience, counter advise? Will they fit directly on the 650L headers? Will there be any carburation changes needed?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Richsuz View Post
    Hey guys,
    I went to the Dealer and sitting out they had a brand new, still in the box, pair of 1150L mufflers. $50 a pair. I want to buy them, since I have a pair of HD take offs on my bike and don't like the sound. I want to get the original UJM sound back. Anyone knows of any inconvenience, counter advise? Will they fit directly on the 650L headers? Will there be any carburation changes needed?

Thanks in advance
    Did you make changes to carbs when you put on Harley mufflers? Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the sound- I have a pair of harley takeoffs that I've been saving just in case I'm too poor to opt for new system? In any event, $50 sounds like a steal.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Well, they get a lot of attentation, which is good. Sound makes your ears ring after 100 miles of continuous ride. It wasn't a big deal until I started riding my XS650 stock, and I could ride for 150 miles without hearing damage. Also, I like the UJM sound. I did go and pick up the mufflers. Suzuki # 14301-11501. $50....Hope they fit

Comment

Originally posted by Richsuz View Post
        Well, they get a lot of attentation, which is good. Sound makes your ears ring after 100 miles of continuous ride. It wasn't a big deal until I started riding my XS650 stock, and I could ride for 150 miles without hearing damage. Also, I like the UJM sound. I did go and pick up the mufflers. Suzuki # 14301-11501. $50....Hope they fit
        My hearing is already damaged and one of my favorite things about the 650 is how quiet it is! Looks like my harley takeoffs are headed to Craigslist. Thanks for info!
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Intereting fact, punched the number and googled it and comes back as GSX250ED 1983 Muffler. The part itself has 1150L stamped on it. Anyway, the part seems to have mounts in the right places at the right distances. I will install over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X