Seafoam carb fuel injection cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam carb fuel injection cleaner

so before i forkout £20 for a can off seafoam is it worth the money I ask?.

No---take your carbs apart and clean them according to this----

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by esj001 View Post
      No---take your carbs apart and clean them according to this----

http://www.mediafire.com/?zx5unr1sxq0cvvx
      What, you don't believe in miracle cures? Maybe Mr. gshub could elaborate on his problems before we render a verdict.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Seafoam works fine as a preventive additive. It will not fix faulty carbs. It will help reduce build up in the system if used regularly. I also add a couple caps ful to the oil about 500 miles or so before a change to help remove more of the gunk.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
          What, you don't believe in miracle cures? Maybe Mr. gshub could elaborate on his problems before we render a verdict.
          yer got a pm.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by gshub View Post
            I've used it with good results, but it's not a mechanic in a can. I don't use it now because I use another product, Star Brite Star Tron, I use that now because it's not as cost prohibitive, you get more treatments for less money and I can't tell any difference in performance between the two.

Prices vary all over the place for this stuff. I usually pick it up at Home Depot or Lowe's for $6 and change.

sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

yer got a pm.

Thank you.
              I replied! transfer your info here and others will chime in!
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

This is the problem...
                end of october last yr had my Gs1085s dynoed 68ftlbs torque 90hp Afr was nearly spot on
                brill i thought ,so i put Gs away for winter ,the spring this yr get Gs out of garage exspecting it to run the same it has other ideas.
                Gs runs loverly till it gets 5000rpm then it splutters and dies plugs black like its far to rich.
                carbs been cleaned stripped loads of times nothing make any differance.
                carbs were stripped and put in a sonic cleaner the last time that didnt make any differance either ,so far this summer its been to 3 local bikeshops tried 5 sets plugs 2 new ignition systems.
                if it had been fiddled with over winter i could understand it but it wasnt touched while it
                was put in storage.
                had it reshimmed a few weeks back aswell, motor done 2000 miles since a complete strip and rebuild by a top engine builder.
                it has mikuni 28mm slide carbs with oval K&ns fit its been running fine for the past 10yrs.
                till know.

Thanks
                steve

Comment

How did you "pickle" it for the winter storage?
                  Did you fill the tank? And if so, did you put a fuel stabilizer in it?
                  Grasping straws here.
                  Can't figure out why it would be running too rich, if anything I would think it would be running lean (plugged up carbs) after being in storage.
                  sigpic
                  Steve
                  "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Are the floats floating correctly?
                    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Hi,

Never heard of it. Maybe you should try a search of the forum.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Ah, sarcasm, brilliant wit, and a contribution to the solution to his problem. All in two sentences. Bravo !
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
                        https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

If she's running rich, have a look to see if the choke plungers have got stuck / gone hard / got damaged.
                          79 GS1000S
                          79 GS1000S (another one)
                          80 GSX750
                          80 GS550
                          80 CB650 cafe racer
                          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I'll guess you followed the same storage routine and prepared it for winter sleep correctly. Did you check to see if any mice type critters found your exhaust to be a cozy winter retreat? Sounds like others have explored the intake and electrical side of things to a dead end, so look for something strange.
                            1981 gs650L

Comment

This morning threw our biker world of word and mouth i have found guy who looks
                              after old GSX/Gss, he is pretty sure he can sort it and is sure it carbs and has seen of
                              this problem in the past.
                              but i will let you know ASAP wot the problem is.
                              At last i hope i found the right person who wants to sort it out.
                              Last edited by gshub; 09-03-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X