wolf pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wolf pipe

i bought a wolf pipe because it was never used and a good deal and buddy told me it should fit my 83 gs1100e.well it seems to be the right curve out to the muffler but where the pipe meets the head the angle is off by about an 1/8 of an inch at the bottom by that i mean it is touching the top of the port and not touching the bottom of the port by an 1/8 of an inch and the pipe is to small in the hole but lines up perfect hole to hole.so i think it is for a suzuki but maybe a 750 or 550 maybe,any help would be great,also i have heard many stories about how any gs 750 to 1150 2 and 4 valve pipes are the same and will fit any gs and have even heard that oil cooled gsxr exhaust will fit any gs i have searched around but not found any info,so please help,thanks

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. bikerchris,

I can't help you with your exhaust conundrum, but hopefully I can make you feel at home.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed. I will put you on my prayer list.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

well thank you for a very special welcome

Comment

Can you post some pictures?
        Perhaps I could help with some suggestions to make it fit.

Daniel

Comment

That is an oil cooled GSXR pipe. You can still make it work if you want. Ray.

Comment

No expert, but what I've found from various trial and error of many different pipes on many a GS, and some of them of unknown make so that may factor into it, is that 2 valve pipes will run very tight to the belly of a 4 valve bike and a 4 valve pipe will hang low on a 2 valve bike. Otherwise, aside from having to make bracket(s) for the rear hanger, they'll fit (750 and up, 650 and down are a lil smaller) and the 83 up 700/750 is a little weird too.. Ray would know, but I seem to recall the port depth or diameter being different.

Comment

pipe interchange

it does hit on the oil pan but i figured i could grind down a bit of the pan and hammer a spot down on the pipe,i will take some pictures and post them,thanks guys

Comment

pipe

well i was going to take some pictures but i removed the muffler so it was just the pipe and it really is hitting the pan and thats why it is not fitting at the port,i am begining to think this pipe is for a 550 the i.d of the headpipes are 1 1/4 inches and the collector pipe is only 2 inches,

Comment

I have a Wolf 4x1 pipe for the '82/83 E too, though it's now in storage and I'm currently running a stainless Supertrapp. The dimensions you posted suggest the Wolf you have might be for a smaller bike.... the dimensions of the 1100E pipe are more generous, and make for a very free-flowing exhaust. From memory, the O.D of the header is 1 5/8, and the collector is around 3" or certainly no smaller than 2 3/4.....the volume of the can is also quite large, which gives that deep bass Wolf sound, without obnoxious noise levels.
                  One trick you might try is to double up on the exhaust gaskets to space the header slightly away from the engine....this might get you the required clearance, or at least minimize the amount you'd have to take off the pan to get it to fit. The 1100E-specific pipes fit without any issues, but they are pretty rare to come across anymore.

Last edited by Mysuzyq; 09-05-2011, 08:09 PM.
                  '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                  Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

pipe

wow very nice bike and that pipe is way bigger than the one i have,i wont even try to make it fit i will just sell it and pick up a proper pipe for mine,thanks to everyone who helped out

Comment

Working...
                    X