No announcement yet.

Will this never end.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I am thinking I have to completely pull them and rebuild them. It has been 4 years since they had a complete rebuild. I did pull the gas tank today and pulled the top cover off the carbs and pulled the slides out, cleaned them and all the areas I could reach. Started the bike up and gas was still flowing out of the airbox drain. I am getting a little aggravated, I am spending more time fixing and less time riding. I have had this bike for 4 years and I have put a total of 716 miles on it. At this point it seems hardly worth the effort.

Comment

I heard that ,10-4. You are doing fine though it seems like bummer as it is .Pick on it when mood is good,mine just turned abit;Kawasaki just bit nice owner trying to care for it,tore/ripped pinky finger nail completly off...I took photo of finger,not good for posting(or?),under safety,but I do hear You,I am done for awhile till blood clots/first aid sets in,maybe go for putput...later...go easy on your self. Side note:there is 550 owners group in Community at top of page,maybe take look.
      Last edited by Guest; 09-05-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

If your getting fuel flow out of the air box, it's your floats.
        I had the same problem and I found a piece of RTV or gasket sitting in my float bowl.

Also check your float levels, that's important.

Comment

As Elrico has already written, there is a lot of useful information on GSR. Spend some time reading this information and then use it to do a proper cleaning procedure and replacement of rubber o-rings on your carbs. In other words, do the job properly the first time, instead of doing little bits at a time each time, which will never get it right. This process will save you lots of frustration!

This investment of time now will ensure that you have much more time available later to enjoy your perfectly-running bike!
          1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Yeah, now that I am done crying and feeling sorry for myself, I am shifting my focus on riding next year. I am going to clear a spot in the garage and start tearing down and really going through it. Since I am having one problem after another, it seems my bike is telling me it needs some well deserved maintenance. Like I said before, it has been about 4 years since it has had any major attention and looking through all the info on this site and others I am sure I did not do everything completely right the first time. I am sure once I start I will be asking many more questions and I will keep you posted on the rebuild process. Thanks for all the help and support.

Comment

Plan your work...Work your plan.. Heard that...
              Last edited by Guest; 09-06-2011, 10:26 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Working...
              X