Just a little thing I discovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little thing I discovered

K8 GSXR1000 exhaust manifolds fit the 1979 and 1981 GS750E heads. The rest of the exhaust does not work, of course, so for most people it's pointless to know, but it's a good source for titanium manifolds. I have a set, now...damn shame they won't fit my Katana motor lol...

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
    K8 GSXR1000 exhaust manifolds fit the 1979 and 1981 GS750E heads. The rest of the exhaust does not work, of course, so for most people it's pointless to know, but it's a good source for titanium manifolds. I have a set, now...damn shame they won't fit my Katana motor lol...
    With some minor tweaks those exhausts fit the 1st gen GSXR which means they are not too far off for a GS. You probaly need at least a torch to heat and bend if not some actual welding.

Comment

The biggest things I saw that would interfere with the header actually bolting up are spacing and port angle. You can stretch the headers to fit the spacing. There's a bend about half way up the primaries that tilts the manifolds to the port angle...if you straightened that out it may hit the block just fine.

Comment

Working...
      X