Fuel Gauge sending unit line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Gauge sending unit line?

I have a 1979 Suzuki GS550E and it came to me in parts. I am just putting the new tank on and have a couple of questions:
    Where does the hose from the fuel line sending unit go? (Is it an overflow)
    I have 2 connections to the petcock. Larger one: fuel supply to rear of carb set up?
    Smaller one: Vacuum hooked to front of carb set up?

Thank you
    Brian

Originally posted by brianedonovan View Post
    It is a safety feature if the sender leaks. You need to attach a long hose and poke the tail end somewhere out beyond the back engine, away from the exhaust.

Originally posted by brianedonovan;1495418I
    have 2 connections to the petcock. Larger one: fuel supply to rear of carb set up?
    Correct. Vac nipple on the carbs is head side of the slide and on #3.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by brianedonovan View Post
      I have a 1979 Suzuki GS550E and it came to me in parts. I am just putting the new tank on and have a couple of questions:
      I have 2 connections to the petcock. Larger one: fuel supply to rear of carb set up?

Thank you
      Brian
      You got it! But before you hook things up, why not test for correct petcock operation. In prime, fuel should flow at all times. In "on" or "res", no fuel flow unless you apply a vacuum to that smaller line, i.e., suck on line to test- make it a long clear line, just in case!
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X